Location: Eric P. Newman Center | Zoom
Join the Institute of Clinical and Translational Sciences (ICTS) for the 4th annual ICTS Symposium and Poster Display.
This year’s theme focuses on strategies to address equity and diversity challenges experienced by institutions across the national CTSA network.This is a hybrid event with opportunities to attend virtually or in-person.
The symposium will include a keynote panel comprised of three CTSA principal investigators:
“Generating an Equity Mindset in Translational Research”
- L. Ebony Boulware, MD, MPH, CTSA Duke University
“Increasing Workforce Diversity as a Shared CTSA Investment”
- Mario Castro, MD, MPH, CTSA
Kansas University Medical Center
“Bridging Digital Divides: Approaches to Accounting for Bias in Data”
- Rebecca D. Jackson, MD, CTSA
Ohio State University
Other highlights include a presentation by Doug Lindsay, a rare disease advocate, personal medical consultant, and ICTS Community Advisory Board Co-Chair; a panel devoted to increasing diverse representation in clinical trials; and an electronic poster display on the ICTS website.
Review the detailed agenda and speaker bios here.
- Live Q&A will take place after each panel. Submit your questions for our panelists ahead of the event here.
- Vote for your favorite poster! Posters will represent the range of the translational research spectrum and will showcase the unique ways in which ICTS-supported projects advance basic science, academic training, clinical practice, and ultimately, patient health. Posters will be displayed electronically on the ICTS website beginning April 29, 2022. Check back then tovote for your favorite.
Please contact Amy Abrams at firstname.lastname@example.org